We did, however, like the fusion of the tangy kiwi taste with the sweet apples and onions.
The salmon was cooked to perfection. Very soft and moist... with a good piece of fried salmon skin *yummy*. Wild rockets are a favourite with my family and we often have salad with these greens. It was covered with a sesame dressing while the fish had a teriyaki sauce. The simple cauliflower puree was crunchy and helped balance the rich taste of the salmon with the sauces.
This dinner was to kick-start the Zespri Kiwifruit 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge, which is basically to challenge the bloggers taking part to get creative with kiwi fruit over the next 2 weeks. I'm excited to think-out-of-the-box and try out some new recipes for my family using kiwi fruits! Hope you can join me on this fun journey, and learn more interesting ways to eat the nutritious kiwi fruits!
Zespri kiwi fruits are in season now and you can purchase them in all supermarkets. I'd leave you with some kiwi fun facts:
- Kiwifruits contain 2x more Vitamin C than oranges
- Eating just 2 kiwifruits/day have been proven to reduce the amount of oxidative damage to your cells and improve the repair of damaged DNA due to oxidative stress
- Kiwifruits are natural digestive aids, and help to relieve that bloated feeling
- There are 100 over varieties of kiwifruits, but only 2 kinds are commercially sold.
- New Zealand produces one-third of the world's kiwi supply
- To hasten ripening, put the kiwifruits in a plastic bag with apples and/or bananas
For more info, check out Zespri Singapore's website. Do you prefer golden or green kiwis?
I Blog on Tues with Diary of a SAHM. Check out the rest of my posts on the challenge here or photo updates in my Facebook album.
* Disclosure: The event coverage was due to an invitation from Zespri Singapore for the 14-Day Daily Scoop of Amazing Challenge. No monetary compensation was received, and all opinions are my own.