I emphasize on "healthy" because before that, I lost control and chomped down a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice-cream to cool down! (/ω＼) Such a bad bad girl. I mean, I reckon a scoop or two as a treat is ok but a whole pint!?? Felt kinda sick and guilty after that.
And apparently, we can expect hot and dry weather for the next few months. Cooler weather will set in only in around June, when the El Nino effect is expected to gradually weaken #cry
Didn't want that episode to repeat itself so I got down to making my own healthy chocolate ice-cream using healthier versions of each core ingredient which I have at home i.e.
- San Franola Granola: less sugar, higher fiber, and more protein than other brands
- Go Lo Dark Hazelnut Spread: sugar free, gluten free, dairy-free, low sodium & net carb
- P28 Peanut Spread: made 100% from whey isolate high protein, gluten-free and no sugar
All 3 ingredients are available from The Fitness Grocer. This is where we get most of our erm, fitness groceries hahaha at affordable prices in Singapore.
At least 4-5 hours
250ml chocolate milk
44g San Franola Granola Cinnamon Almond
3 tbsp Go Lo Dark Hazelnut Spread
3 tbsp P28 Peanut Spread
- Put the spreads and granola into a bowl.
- Add half of the milk and mix well until it is not too clumpy.
- Gradually mix in the rest of the milk
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle moulds and freeze until solid. Makes 4-5 servings.
- Serve cold.