On hearing his idea, I thought that being a CrossFit Kids coach seemed very enticing too. I'm not that big on CrossFit and only do it once a week or so as strength-training is still my focus but I mean, I'm pretty into fitness now and I like working with kids... so it's not a bad idea if I can somehow make coaching kids fitness a part of my life, if not career?
I don't know. It's a big career change but in any case, I decided to join him in taking the CF-L1 Trainer Certificate Course first. No harm in learning more about fitness! #活到老学到老
It is structured to meet two goals: 1) provide attendees with the knowledge to better use CrossFit methods for themselves; and 2) provide attendees with an initial and foundational education to begin training others using CrossFit.
We also have to study the Level 1 Training Guide and goodness, there's a lot of things to cover!! At the end of the course, we should be able to:
- Define the core concepts of the CrossFit program.
- Identify the primary points of performance of the foundational movements.
- Perform the foundational movements safely and identify when someone has committed a form error.
- Identify correct movement when training others.
- Identify unsound movement and apply appropriate correction toward improved movement.
- Apply the CrossFit program safely and effectively while gaining the experience necessary to develop competency in training others using CrossFit methods.
Some of the other stuff like exercise movements are easier to comprehend as I try to relate them to my what my trainers have been telling me, and the gym workouts & CrossFit WODS I've done.
I don't think the boy will have any trouble with the course or exam since he has a medical background and has been reading up and learning about fitness for so many years already. I'm more worried about myself haha
The course itself is pretty expensive and to retake the course or exam is not cheap either so I'm hoping I can pass this time round.
Wish us luck!! xox
CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate Course
Cost: US$1,000 if registered 14 days or more prior to the course date or US$1,200 if registered within 14 days of the course start date.
More on CrossFit: